Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 5-7 Min
Ready In: 15-20 Min
Amount per serving: (18 spears)
1 Asparagus bunch
1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Fresh Garlic Bulb
1 Tsp kosher or sea salt
1 Tsp of Black pepper
1 Tsp of Goya Salad & Vegetable Seasoning
1. Prepare the asparagus by rinsing & pat dry. Then cut off the “woodys”(the ends that have the unpleasant, woody texture.) but keep the stalks approx. 4-5 inch long.
**Tip: If you’re planning on making this dish for a larger group you can do this step as early as the night before and store the asparagus pieces in water in your fridge.
2. Peel the garlic bulb & cut the cloves in half.
3. Pre-heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over a high flame.
1. Add chopped garlic cloves & sauté until slightly brown.
2. Add asparagus in a single layer as much as you can and turn heat down to a medium-high flame.
3. Add salt, pepper, & goya seasoning & cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring about once a minute. **Note: Asparagus is done when the thickest part of the stalk can be pierced fairly easily with a fork but asparagus still has some snap to it.
4. When tender, remove from heat & enjoy.
This is a great dish with almost anything. Enjoy it with risotto, chicken, steak or even a fatty fish like salmon. It’s also pretty tasty as a leftover (which isn’t always the case with asparagus).
Posted on Friday, 23 March
Tagged as: recipes healthyrecipes asparagus
- befitandfab reblogged this from gwenlightened
- allthatyoungblood likes this
- dreamerofmakebelieve likes this
- sweatfatdrinkwater reblogged this from gwenlightened
- healthyfoodandmotivation reblogged this from gwenlightened
- fatefellshortttthistime likes this
- geewizscarlett likes this
- gwenlightened reblogged this from getthin-spiration
- rubyrubyrubyrubyx likes this
- getthin-spiration posted this